Saturday, January 30, 2010

More Crayola


Blasted this out today. I'm quite pleased with it. I mean, it has a color scheme. It has a back ground. Sure they're things that could be refined. But I'm happy with it now.
Things are going well on the homestead. It's dawning on me that the reason artists tend to live in big cities, is that it combats the isolation that's required to put a painting together. I mean, you can't do a serious drawing when your roommate is trying to show you the funniest thing he's ever seen on You tube. There are steps that artist need to keep their studio an "inner sanctum". You can't keep focus in an environment like that. Too much alone time and you start getting, lonely. Now, this is combated by having 700,000 people in close proximity. If you're, say, someplace where the closest 7 square miles net a full population of 3000 people. You might have a hard time connecting back up with humanity. To say nothing about temperatures in the low teens. It's like canning cabin fever. I should put an ad on Craig's list for a muse. They all seem to be elsewhere though. I'm willing to travel. It's staying that brings the complications. That being typed. I'm still working away. Just need a change, is all.

3 comments:

Piya said...

MOOOOVVVEE TOOOO NOOOOO YORRRKKKKKK....great work by the way. You know Ed, with you experimenting with all these unique media, I think you're well on your way to being Wild Bill Sanchez's spiritual successor...not a bad legacy if I do say so myself!

Jeff Thomason, CE said...

It always does my heart good to see Crayola used in art. It has to be one of my favorite brands of art supplies.

Jeane said...

Try drawing with a five-year-old interrupting you every four minutes! The art world is pretty nonexistent where I live...