Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Nuke Girl


Well, this was a fun image to do. I find that I'm stuck in a production mode. It's nice, only had to de-tox from art school for a year or so. Not that art school is toxic. I'm talking about a notion that was brought up by Harvey Dunn. Art school is great, but learning how to make a good image is something that takes time, commitment, and dare I say it; an interest in seeing what you can do on your own. That being said, there's a few things that now (of course, after I post it up on the blog... /sigh) that I'll go back in and fix. But the fact that the image file is there, is half the battle for me. Strangely, I find that there's an expenditure of energy in Digital Painting. I expect it with traditional media; and much of it is expressed in setting up and cleaning down. (?!? Stupid idioms...) But the will, for lack of a better word, to pick up the stylus and make a controlled mess can be draining. But then it might have something to do with staying up all night digital painting. That, strangely enough; is why I keep this blog. I feel better being able to rant about things like that.

Well, that and I'm too lazy (busy? sure...) to update a proper website. But, illustration was never about what's proper.

No comments: