Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Progress is his middle name...


It's coming right along. I'm very happy with it. And I'm now doing the little tricks to it. Like looking at it in the mirror, printing it out, and showing people who's opinion I trust. I've fought like crazy to keep the actual acrylic texture in the background. No mean feat considering my first instincts are to hit everything with the Tinting brush. The faces in the peanut gallery need more polish, but I'm happy with their diversity. The foreground figure came out completely black in the printout I did. I got too excited about showing the charred edges of his laser wound. Placed him in the proverbial microwave for a minute or two too long. This has been a fantastic learning experience for using textures from Painter in an actual work. I'm very happy with the effect. Some modeling of the gun's form, a second pass on the back ground, and some good hand painted texture highlights and I'll call it done.

Well, at least; that's what the left brain has to say.

My right brain's all, "Boooyeah!"

4 comments:

The Snails said...

Edders!

Jeff Thomason, CE said...

You've got some really nice textures going on.

Jonathan Colton said...

That's good because "UPDATES" are not his middle name.

Ed Davenport said...

Guilty there....